Sunday, August 23, 2009

How do I sum up my "average" know-how about computers in my curriculum vitae?

Im just wondering how to put into words all the know-how that I have regarding computer when I compose my CV. I can use MS Word, PowerPoint, a little of Excel, I can do some tweaks on a Windows-based pc, im fairly familiar with IE7 and now exploring FireFox, I can install (free)security software on a friends pc and teach them how to use it(antivirus,antispyware,antirootkit,fir... All of these I came to know by myself using my home pc(no formal training) and by reading a lot of wonderful websites %26 forums. I dont know programming and unfamiliar with hardwares(I've never opened a pc). Now how do I sum them all up(short but impressive) in my CV? Being "computer literate" is a bit cliche for me. And, by the way, do you know of any free software I can download or website that can help me write a good looking CV(layout, theme, etc)?



How do I sum up my "average" know-how about computers in my curriculum vitae?house call



just say you are computer literate in basic computer skills



How do I sum up my "average" know-how about computers in my curriculum vitae?matchless



How about:



i have an excellent knowledge of microsoft packages and of the internet, i am quick and eager to develop my IT skills.



If you start your CV with a personal statement with this in, adding your other skills and qualifications, and then go onto education and work history after that, it should work. A good website to use where you can get free advice is http://www.thefullercv.com/partners.asp?... but you can also check out the Guardian homepage, there are more links on there, on how to create a good CV.
you could say you have a wide knowledge of computers but are willing to learn more
You could say that you have an adequate knowledge of computer systems and are comfortable with working with them, although your knowledge does not extend to a technical level.
working knowledge
Lie? That's what I'd do

No comments:

Post a Comment