Sunday, August 23, 2009

Nhatquanglan VIRUS?

Hello, my concern is about my antivirus. Its been a week since I've been using the AVAST home edition antivirus which I got from www.avast.com. I already registered my copy by entering my email address in the avast website, then they sent me the product key right after. It was free since it is just a home edition. I also downloaded the latest updates and I think, my version of avast antivirus is updated.



This is my version of avast:



Avast version 4.7 Home Edition



build: august2007(4.7.1029)



xtreame toolkit version 1.9.4.0



VPS File:



compilation date: 08/17/2007



file version: 000766-1



But recently, I've noticed that avast is not detecting a certain kind of virus which I got from another computer. This virus will make a copy of itself as long as it has a folder. The icon is a folder, but when you display its extension, it is rather an .exe file and not a folder. It has a name "nhatquanglan". You can see the folder named "nhatquanglan" anywhere as long as you have a folder. The worst of all, when you leave any application open for how many seconds, say MSWORD, it seems that there is someone typing a vietnamese phrase which I dont understand. The folder option, the task manager, and the command prompt cannot be displayed and it says that "it is disabled by the administrator". It seems that avast doesnt know about this kind of virus, or maybe it is just ignoring it, nevertheless, avast can detect other viruses aside from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment