Friday, August 21, 2009

Deleting Norton?

I am considering deleting Norton Internet Security 2007 and downloading either AVG or Avast for antivirus protection. Also, to take care of spyware, I was planning on downloading Spybot Search and Destroy. Would this be a smart thing to do, or should I just stick with Norton?



The Internet Security programs supposedly gives me firewall, spyware, and virus protection so I would be deleting it and replacing it with antivirus (AVG/Avast) and anti-spyware (Spybot) but then I do not know if I would have a firewall. The reason I am doing this is because Norton only finds a cookie or two when I run a full system scan, while other free scanners find hundreds of problens. So basically I am wondering if I should do this or keep Norton, or maybe you have an even better suggestion...I just want to make this computer faster.



Thank you in advance for your help!



Deleting Norton?abtuvurys 2005



Personally, I'd delete anything to do with Norton's from my system. It's ok in a corporate enviroment or if you are running a high end spec'd machine but for your average home user it is resourse hungry and will attempt to chew away at every bit of your memory/cpu as possible.



If you are going to remove Norton's from your system you need to do it properly, any remnant's left behind while uninstalling will conflict with any new anti virus (and in some case's) spyware programs you wish to install at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment