Friday, August 21, 2009

Norton Internet Security on my new laptop?

Hello, I just got a new laptop and whenever I start my machine, I get a notification saying I should use Norton Internet Security. I haven't downloaded a free 90 day version or bought Norton yet but I still see "Norton Internet Security" in control panel -%26gt; add/remove programs. Does it mean I have it on my machine? I'm planning to use AVG antivirus but before I download it, I want to make sure I don't have another Antivirus (i.e., Norton) on my machine.



Thanks.



Malcom



Norton Internet Security on my new laptop?symantic



If it's in Add/Remove programs, it's installed on your machine. Use the control panel to remove it before installing AVG.



Norton Internet Security on my new laptop?viruses



yes if you see norton in add/remove programs .. then its installed in your system ... you are right 2 antiviruses on one system is not a healthy thing ....



you need to go to control panel .. add remove programs and uninstall norton first and then restart your system ... and then install your new antivirus.



this should sort out the problem.
If it is located in the Control Panel, and Add/Remove programs it is on there.



Don

No comments:

Post a Comment