Friday, August 21, 2009

How to resize my hard drive???

ok i want to resize my harddrive mainly C: becasue im running out of room for progs and stuff is there free software that lets me do that oh ive tried bootbale software but my comp NEVER wants to boot from cd except if is a win cd or antivirus but also what is that fre sofwtare that comes with the linux installation that u can dowbnload for free without installing the linux thing thanks



How to resize my hard drive???aurora



Partiton magic sounds like the program you are looking for but i don't know if it can do what you want it to do. You already have data on the second partiton so there might be the added risk that you could loose the data on the second partiton.



partiton magic (sadly i know of no free software that works well, here a trial)



www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic



There is away to partiton drive from Windows XP/2000 recovery console but don't ask me how.



Alternativly if you really hard up for space, and partiton magic does not work, try some of the following



Move my documetys to the other partiton (if you haven't already)



if are using windows XP right click my documents and select properties and then MOVE. Select a location on the D drive.



In my computer click on the drive and select properties. and then click the disk clean up button( i'll bet you knew that already).

No comments:

Post a Comment