Sunday, August 23, 2009

Can someone please help me with this norton subscription on my 5mth old laptop please?

My laptop is about 5 mnths old... when I got it it had the 2007 norton antivirus and the norton protection centre, but now it is saying the subscription has expired. Im fairly sure when I bought the laptop the norton software was free, so why do I now have to pay $80 to get it back up to par? I have the disks somewhere but can not find them, and the credit card is currently maxed so I cant pay the subscription yet.



I know some things are completely free and I just dont see why If I have the software disks I should need to pay for it....



I will pay it within a week or so but should I have to pay for a free service?



Before I began playing around with the norton thing this morning to see if I could renew it, a window would pop up when I started the pc saying "norton status good" (in green), but now it has yellow and says norton expired everywhere.It also says there are many risks detected since expiration.



Thanks in advance to anyone who understood any of this and can help



Can someone please help me with this norton subscription on my 5mth old laptop please?norton antivirus



it free for like 60 or 90 days than ur have to renew it. theres no point of having that cd. If u remove norton and install it back u will still receive that msg that ur subscription is expired. as long ur virus is up to date and just wait till ur credit card is not max out and hurry up to renew it. Or u can dl free virus scan like AVG



Can someone please help me with this norton subscription on my 5mth old laptop please?security



Also to add to the other answers, Norton has not expired, rather Live Update has. Live Update is what finds the newest rules for Norton to be Up-To-Date. So like mentioned earlier, wait till you have money and just update the Live Update section.
they base their antivirus on monthly or yearly subscriptions so you have to pay to renew.

No comments:

Post a Comment