Friday, August 21, 2009

Computer help?i need someone who knows about virus?

Ok on feb 10 i got a trojan virus. all these warnings would always show (they were from the cpu itself not the net they were system warning) anyway my homepage was changed to a antivirus web and my cpu would slow down a lot and it would say i.p.s were "pinging" my computer (whatever that means). Not to long ago maybe 4 days ago i downloaded AVG free edition and SpyBot. they both took care of the virus or trojan (another thing..there was a folder that i scaned that said it was infected when i tried deleating it, it would come right back but now i deleated it for good) my homepage is now normal and there is no warnings anymore.THE PROBLEM IS... i cant log into my e-mail and other things like youtube.com and such. MY question is how do i fix this problem to log into things? Is the trojan still alive?i thought i killed it...or could it be my antivirus stuff? dooes anyone know how to fix it?



p.s. i had to type this at school because school lets me in my e-mail..but my own cpu wont let me



Computer help?i need someone who knows about virus?antispam



What happens when you try to log into something? Without that detail, no one is going to know why you are having problems. Since the virus was on your machine for awhile, it could have spread a lot. Running a virus scan once is not guaranteed to get rid of it, if the scanner scanned folder A and the virus copied itself to folder A after it was scanned, the virus would still be there. Booting in safe mode and scanning will get better results, you may want to consider scanning more than once.

No comments:

Post a Comment