Friday, August 21, 2009

How do I get rid of this CRSS.exe file from my comp? It's a virus that hides in emails?

It's a virus that hides in emails i guess and is very hard to notice. None of my shields or antivirus discovered it. Not even the new nortan antivirus, actually it messed it all up and i hadda uninstall it. The only program that picked up on it was uniblue spyeraser. But it was only a free scan so it didn't fix it. Can anyone help me please %26 thanx.



How do I get rid of this CRSS.exe file from my comp? It's a virus that hides in emails?trojan



You are correct. The crss.exe file can be a bad thing. But..... crss.exe is a part of Microsoft Client/Server Runtime Server Subsystem. This file is used by user side subsystem to create or delete windows and threads. Unfortunately, this file name has also been used by some malwares such as Progent Trojan, AGOBOT/GAOBOT Worm and IRC.BOT Trojan, to name just a few.



Bottom line is, you don't want to delete the legitimate Microsoft file or you could have system problems. The good new is, crss.exe (the trojan/worm) has been around since at least 2004, so just about every security company including Norton/Symantec has a removal tool. I'd suggest you look through the Symantec link for each of the three crss.exe variants they know about. At the lower right corner of each description is removal instructions for that variant. If this doesn't get rid of it for you, I'd suggest contacting Symantec customer support for additional help.

No comments:

Post a Comment