Friday, August 21, 2009

What should I do?

I am considering deleting Norton Internet Security 2007 and downloading either AVG or Avast for antivirus protection. Also, to take care of spyware, I was planning on downloading Spybot Search and Destroy. Would this be a smart thing to do, or should I just stick with Norton?



The Internet Security programs supposedly gives me firewall, spyware, and virus protection so I would be deleting it and replacing it with antivirus (AVG/Avast) and anti-spyware (Spybot) but then I do not know if I would have a firewall. The reason I am doing this is because Norton only finds a cookie or two when I run a full system scan, while other free scanners find hundreds of problens. So basically I am wondering if I should do this or keep Norton, or maybe you have an even better suggestion...I just want to make this computer faster.



I already bought Norton, but I would definitely switch to some freeware program if it speeds up my computer.



Thank you in advance for your help!



What should I do?vincent



First of all, do you have a virus? If not, sticking with Norton is a good idea but if you want extra protection don't, delete Norton because its actually very good. You can just download the extra spy ware protection but i don't think you need any more. (i use norton and had no problems)

No comments:

Post a Comment